Are We There Yet?
As a kid, my family took tons of road trips and vacations in the family suburban. Everyone had their spot regardless of where we were going, and my spot was always the rear passenger on the driver’s side. And while the view changed out my window, my knees were cramped behind my dad driving. I was not going anywhere and had limited space.
In many ways, looking back at those experiences, it has been very reminiscent of our collective experience during the pandemic. In talking to many of you, I keep getting asked the eternal question, “Are we there, yet?” Specially referring to, when are we going back in person?
Well, I can confidently say that the bulk of zoom is behind us, AND if cases continue to go down and vaccines keep increasing, the likelihood of ICOR’s monthly meeting returning in person will be in the next three months!
While that is excellent news for everyone, we must understand that meetings will not be entirely the same for a short while. In talking to our meeting venues across the state, expect:
- Mask will be mandatory while you are up moving around or networking. (our venues are requiring this).
- We will ask that you continue to utilize RSVP or preregistration online to limit contact at check-in.
- Temperatures will most likely be taken at check-in.
- We will ask that if you become infected that you share with us for contact tracing purposes.
- Networking and Haves & Wants will get creative to ensure we get the most out of the meeting!
So, are we there yet? No, not entirely, but we are awfully close and cannot wait to get back in person! Just understanding that we are going to do our best to ensure everyone stays safe and healthy but do so in a way that we may come back to face-to-face meetings and events again!